[Dragaera] Vlad's passivity--getting long

Ken Koester kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov
Tue Oct 28 06:08:02 PDT 2008

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

>On Mon, October 27, 2008 13:58, Ken Koester wrote:
>

>>David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>>

>>>The chapter headings in Jhegaala are from a Dragaeran play.
>>>

>>Which I'd still like to read/see.  I seem to recall it having a
>>Tuppence-and-Tommy-ish feel to it. . . .
>>

>Yeah, but I think that'd represent a pretty big time commitment -- notice
>that the excerpts are identified as "Day 3, act 6, scene 2" or some such;
>I don't recall days going above three at the moment but I could be wrong.

*Shrug*  Medieval mystery plays used to last at least 2 days, sometimes
a week, IIRC.  O'Neill's trilogy Mourning Becomes Electra takes about 9
hours, with intermissions for lunch and dinner thrown in (at least for
the opening run, and I assume anyone putting it on today would do the
same).  However, I think I would be satisfied just reading a Paarfi
version (-:

Snarkhunter