[Dragaera] Iorich ***SPOILERS****

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Mon Jan 11 12:31:17 PST 2010

> Couple questions -
>

> Does having an imperial title have more "power" than a title from a house?

Not enough information.  I expect it varies from case to case.

> It does not seem to be common knowledge that V has a great weapon,
> correct?

Well, how much is Vlad's *existence* "common knowledge"?  People who
follow Court happenings might have noticed his being granted an Imperial
title for unspecified services, but they could easily have forgotten it,
since he's hardly a regular visitor at Court.  Vlad is friends with a
number of Famous People, but is not especially famous himself, except in
certain circles.

That said, those who know enough about him to care about the matter
probably all know by now that he was a Great Weapon.

> When is V going to get pissed off and have Sethra teleport him to the
> Demon's office for a pointed discussion?

Vlad isn't 'pissed' at his situation.  He knew, back in _Phoenix_, what
the consequences of his actions would be, and accepted them.  He's made
his bed, and is lying in it.

If Vlad thought that taking out the Demon would improve his situation, he
might make a stab at it -- but the other several hundred high-ranking
Jhereg are still going to want his soul destroyed.  He needs to either
make peace with, or destroy, the *entire* "Organization" -- or die, of
course.

Alexx

"It has to be one of the real appeals of an afterlife in a perverse kind of
 way.  "Standing before St. Peter" kind of thing I mean.   At least you
 would have the indictment read to you chapter and verse and you would have
 some kind of certainty -- heaven, hell, purgatory, permanently in the
 studio audience for tapings of Regis and Kathie Lee.  At least you would
 _know_."
        -- Dave Sim, interviewed by Charles Brownstein