[Dragaera] Iorich ***SPOILERS****

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Wed Jan 13 11:57:35 PST 2010

On Wed, January 13, 2010 12:18, Howard Brazee wrote:

> On 1/13/2010 11:06 AM, Maximilian Wilson wrote:

>> Did you mean to send this to the list?

> Yep.

The failure of sending privately what was intended to go to the list is
probably fairly frequent (especially since few email clients implement
"reply to list" buttons).  However, it's fairly  harmless.

If the list is configured to override "reply-to", a user can do what he
thinks is a private reply and actually send it to the list.  This can be a
career-ending mistake.

So we have the unfortunate conflict between a frequent small annoyance,
and a rare huge disaster.

More email clients using the headers to handle list mail more
intelligently is the right solution.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info