[Dragaera] Iorich ***SPOILERS****

Jon%20Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Jan 11 14:10:00 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Hart" <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
To: "SKZB List" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 2:01:08 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Iorich ***SPOILERS****

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010, Jon%20Lincicum wrote:

> [...]

All of which makes it a *more effective* object lesson. If someone with all those advantages can still get shined for crossing the Jhereg, why would anyone else ever dare to?

> It's become
>counterproductive to the council to attack Vlad. They've earned a great
>deal of enmity from Aliera and the other Dragons which will not fade.
>They've used a high noble as bait. They're likely to get themselves
>slaughtered to prove a point far past any sensible applicability.

They are certainly incurring collateral damage in their pursuit of Vlad. Of course, they were willing to accept much worse in their pursuit of Mellar.

>There's still the Left Hand, of course.

The Left Hand could very well prove to be enough of a threat to the Right that in destroying them, Vlad could earn a reprieve from the Council.

In order for that to work, however, the threat would have to be both grave, and immediate.