[Dragaera] e-mail format

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Wed Jan 13 12:19:57 PST 2010

On Wed, January 13, 2010 14:08, Howard Brazee wrote:
> On 1/13/2010 12:54 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>>
>>> When I reply from work, I use Thunderbird, which gives me a button
>>> [Reply List].   When I reply from home, I use Mail (OS X), which
>>> doesn't
>>> have that option.
>>>
>> Hey, has Thunderbird started using the headers to give list reply
>> buttons?
>>   Great!  Where does the button appear? I confess to not having noticed
>> it
>> yet.
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4455
>
> and
>
> http://www.news.software.coop/thunderbird-3-introduces-reply-to-list/851/
>
> I'm using Thunderbird 3.0 on my Windows machine at work, the above makes
> it look like an add-on, but I don't see it.   It's shows up when I reply
> to this message, right next to [Reply].

Thanks very much, I'll have to check versions at home.  It looks like
there's an extension for V2 that works with V3, but is not needed with V3
because the function is integral; at least that's what the two articles
ended up conveying to me.  Great news!  The RFC for those list headers,
and support in most mailing list software, has been around forever, and
support in MUAs has been lagging terribly.  Pegasus was one of the few I
knew that supported it previously.  Thunderbird is the big time!

> I've accidentally done Reply several times using Mail on my Mac.

Me too; well, not on a Mac :-).

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info