[Dragaera] The Desecrator [spoilers]

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Thu Mar 3 06:56:06 PST 2011

> I didn't entirely follow why they couldn't tunnel their way down via
> teleporting.

Teleporting inside a solid object is Bad.  Unless they had a solid fix on
what was space and what was rock, this would be very risky.

> I don't understand the point of the illusion.

Maybe the sword's initial 'emotion' upon being woken was "Go 'way, wanna

> GWs are self-wielding?

In _Issola_, during the climactic battle, Blackwand continues to fight
after Morollan is killed (though it does stay in his hand).

> "You lie here for another ten thousand years."
>
> That's not actually very long.  The Second Cycle was a few hundred Kyears
> ago, if that's relevant.

Possibly idiomatic for "longer than a lifetime"?  (A normal Dragaeran
lifetime, anyway.)

>Another option, "You set me up,
> you !#^!&^*&*", seems too out of character.

My guess was close to this: "&^$* you for sending me on this stupid
^*$#-ing mission!"

Alexx

DEEP THOUGHTS by Jack Handey:
"Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad.  And then
 I think, `Aw, who cares?'  And then I think, `What's for supper?'"