[Dragaera] Phrasing - (Very minor Tiassa spoiler)

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Fri Apr 22 08:32:13 PDT 2011

>Gamers tend towards high resolutions?  Interesting, I would have
>expected the opposite (image is synthetic, so you're not really losing
anything, and it should increase frame rate).

I'll grant you that much of it is a lot of e-peen waving, but with modern
(where in the gaming world, "modern" typically means in the last year, heh)
video cards with tons of dedicated RAM and ultra-high polygon counts you can
get both high frame rates and high-res textures. The number of graphics
settings options available to a finicky gamer playing a recently-released
game on a recent video card are truly staggering.

>I want high resolutions for photo work, though.

I work for a publishing company so I also work with high-res stuff as part
of my employment. Like I said, I'm  not  typical and that colors my
attitudes.