[Dragaera] Timeline 2.0 is done

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 1 12:29:47 PDT 2011

> years), the cycle cannot turn and another ruler of that House will be chosen.
> And the maximum length of a leg of the cycle is 4,913 years, whereas a
> Dragaeran lifespan is 3000 years.  So even if a reign is not cut short, a
> dynasty might last longer than a single Dragaeran lifespan.

I think this is based on extremely thin data.  The only indication I think
even begins to be useful is the fact that someone reportedly tried to
assassinate Tortaalik early in his reign - earlier than 17**2 years into
it iirc.  Maybe Alexx has made some sense of that part of history, I
haven't had a chance to look - but either 17**2 is bogus, or two
emperors/turn is possible, or two Phoenix emperors/turn is possible
(either of which would make most of the discussion in _FHYA_ nonsensical,
as T could have resigned the throne to a Phoenix) - or the premise is
wrong and the goblets were intended to disable T leaving the Throne weak.