[Dragaera] Timeline 2.0 is done

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Mon Aug 1 14:11:04 PDT 2011

>> years), the cycle cannot turn and another ruler of that House will be
>> chosen.
>> And the maximum length of a leg of the cycle is 4,913 years, whereas a
>> Dragaeran lifespan is 3000 years.  So even if a reign is not cut short,
>> dynasty might last longer than a single Dragaeran lifespan.
>
> I think this is based on extremely thin data.  The only indication I think
> even begins to be useful is the fact that someone reportedly tried to
> assassinate Tortaalik early in his reign - earlier than 17**2 years into
> it iirc.  Maybe Alexx has made some sense of that part of history, I
> haven't had a chance to look - but either 17**2 is bogus, or two
> emperors/turn is possible, or two Phoenix emperors/turn is possible
> (either of which would make most of the discussion in _FHYA_ nonsensical,
> as T could have resigned the throne to a Phoenix) - or the premise is
> wrong and the goblets were intended to disable T leaving the Throne weak.

First, thanks for pointing out the connection between the White Goblets
and the 17^2 number; I can make good use of that anon.

I haven't the time to fully analyze now, but I'm pretty sure that the
intent of the WG affair was for another Phoenix (possibly T's sister) to
assume the throne.  I have long held that there can be (and often is) more
than one ruler per House Reign.

I suspect that it's true that T *could* have resigned to another Phoenix.
It doesn't seem in character for him to do so, especially after he started
getting mad at Adron.  Duke Wellborn perhaps could have talked him into
such a course, but I doubt anyone else could.

More anon,
Alexx

Right theory, wrong universe.
   [Seen on a Nancy Button, www.nancybuttons.com]