[Dragaera] Timeline 2.0 is done

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Sat Aug 6 08:21:09 PDT 2011

> 17^2 has Text basis but Vlad believing it, (or saying he does, in a
> passage intended to make the Dragaerans look bad iirc), right?  Could be
> a simple self-fulfilling prophecy.

Could be, but one of my working principles is to take textual statements
at face value until I have a good reason to do otherwise.

> To expand a little on my claim, if Adron suggests T resign the orb to
> Aliera (or am I imagining that, and just remembering an obvious scenario
> Sethra should have suggested?  Very far from Texts.)

Somewhat misremembering.  Sethra suggests that Tortaalik abdicate *and*
that Adron resign as Dragon Heir.  There is no discussion of who would
then be Dragon Heir, because T practically explodes at the suggestion.

Tangentially, House Phoenix was always pretty small, and might not have
contained anyone at the time who (in Sethra's opinion) would actually be
an improvement over Tortaalik.

Alexx

"Power corrupts; Powerpoint corrupts absolutely." -- Vint Cerf