[Dragaera] Sethra/Mario/Vlad parallel I hadn't noticed before

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Jan 16 14:48:14 PST 2012

Come to think of it a Mario/Sethra conversation ("Long time no see,
Mario."  "Yep.  So, forgot to ask you last time - how come you didn't
turn me into a norska the first time we met?"  "I saw immediately that
you are, like I am, the best there is at what you do.") jumps to second
on my list of interactions I'd like to see in the Vladiad, after
Verra/Daymar ("Hi, goddess, Vlad asked me to come visit for some reason.
Nice place you've got.  Mind if I tag along for a bit?"  [Verra, incensed
beyond measure, does the iron-bar-through-the-head bit, to no effect.]
"Sorry, were you trying to intimidate me?  I keep not picking up on
that kind of thing.").