[Dragaera] Hawk

Jon Lincicum via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Fri Nov 7 10:25:57 PST 2014

----- Original Message -----

> From: "Steve Rapaport via Dragaera" <dragaera at lists.dragaera.info>
>

> > ******Here there be Spoilers*****
> >

> > 6) THE BARRIERS IN VLAD'S HEAD
> >
> > What exactly are they? They were set up, I believe, by Verra, but...for
> > what purpose? To prevent him from remembering something? Why? To keep
> > him from getting mad? (not likely, because discovering they were there is
> > getting him angry, though it's fair to say that if this scenario is true,
> > then whatever they're hiding is going to get Vlad a LOT more mad) To keep
> > him, somehow, from his Destiny?
> >

> I just realized that the barriers in Vlad's head might be there to prevent
> him getting real curious about how Lady Teldra works, and what he can do
> with her.

I believe that it is a profoundly misguided notion to assume that the barriers are there to do /one thing/, and /one thing/ only. Or even to assume that there is a "primary" and "secondary" reasons for what was done. I think it far more likely that the goddess is using the barriers to do many (perhaps dozens) of different things in a complicated tapestry. We can speculate on what individual strands of these designs might be, but in the end that would be missing the overall design. In the sense that every strand is needed to make the tapestry complete, it's hard to assign a level of relative importance to any individual thread.

--Majikjon