[Dragaera] Liberals

Jerry Friedman via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Sun Nov 9 10:19:00 PST 2014

The recent mentions of social justice at our author's blog have made me notice that there are no liberals in Dragaera.  Nobody renounces their House and marches with the Teckla, we hear nothing about any wealthy sympathizers funding Kelly, there's no Eastern Martin Luther King, nobody says, "Though we must deplore the rioters' methods, the riots are a clarion call for justice that the Empire cannot ignore."  Have I missed something?

Both Will Shetterly and Steven told me at <http://dreamcafe.com/2014/11/08/on-art-and-politics-and-silencing/#comment-20709> that social justice in the narrow Dorothy Day sense is impossible on Dragaera, but are the things I described impossible there?  Could I be right in speculating that Steven prefers to imagine a world without them?

(Full disclosure: I knew just about nothing about Dorothy Day until now, and now all I know is most of what's in the Wikiparticle about her.  In her mature years, she opposed Communism.)

Jerry Friedman