[Dragaera] books to read while waiting for _Vallista_

Michele Riccio via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Thu Sep 1 13:34:26 PDT 2016

 And here I
 was planning to write another two of my occasional loosely

 SKZB-related book reviews.  Well,
 anyway:

Phil:

I love Kagen and McKinley, but I never really thought of them as Brust-like.

I recently re-read "Hellspark" and enjoyed how she built her world. Her short  story collection "Mirable" is great too, though it's been ages since I re-read that.

MiKinley's Sunshine was not my favorite of hers - I enjoyed her YA stuff much more. But I agree, the food-centric nature of the heroine is a bit Vlad-ish.

mr