[Dragaera] Dragaera and Moons **Minor Vallista Spoiler, nothing plot related**

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Tue Nov 7 12:20:55 PST 2017

> I wonder if The Orb's basecode is sophisticated enough to handle whatever
> the Dragaeran equivalent of the Y2K bug would be.
>
> Hey, maybe that's an alternate explanation for Adron's Disaster?
>
> Majikjon

Well, if there were still archives to look back through (any chance on
getting that fixed?) I could show you where I proposed the "Great Cycle =
Y2K" theory a few years ago, heh. I still think it's a good explanation,
particularly given what we've learned about the metaphysical state of the
world in _Vallista_.

> spoiler space

I also sort of predicted that metaphysical explanation, though I was
speculating about it being specifically applied to the Easterners as a way
of explaining why millennia of existence has resulted in almost zero
technological progress in the East. It would be interesting to know just how
much the Easterners were treated as an independent "control" group and how
much they've been subjected to the same ruleset as the Dragaerans.