[Dragaera] Teldra meeting Noish-pa?

corey+scratchfactory.com corey at scratchfactory.com
Mon Aug 28 13:46:44 PDT 2023

Something in Tsalmoth has me wondering about one of my favourite moments in Phoenix.

In Phoenix, Vlad brings Noish-pa to Castle Black and Teldra greets him in a way that makes it seem like they have never met before. But in Tsalmoth, we are told that they met during Vlad and Cawti’s wedding procession and in fact hit it off famously.

Thoughts? Is Teldra’s greeting in Phoenix just excessive formality (not that Teldra would ever be anything but “exactly correct formal”)? Is there some secret misalignment here around Vlad’s disturbed memories? Is there any reason Vlad might be lying about either of these episodes?

Anyway I’m curious.

Corey